Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Silent Nature

This poem is one of a collection of about 60 poems in English I've written. I often write poems on the subjects of women, children, and nature in an effort to bring back the fullness of life to these areas through poetry.

The Silent Nature

She was a Sapling when I planted her,
in the garden of my friend afar off.
Days rolled on and years passed on.
Our directions changed. I was away from my friend.

When I did visit my friend, it was after twenty years.
I rushed to see "her." I saw "her."
What a wonder! she was no more a child, but lushy,
clad in green with a well structured trunk.

Amazed at her growth, I touched her gently.
She responded to me all in Smiles,
letting down some fresh flowers to fall on me.
Engulfing me in the fragrance of her own.

As I was still spellbound,
I could listen to her strange voice,
cradled in the music of wind,
singing lullaby to the sleeping baby sparrows.

O! You a Mother too! I stood in awe,
wondering at her multi roles, all carried on in silence.
Silence is more powerful than words!
What a Contrast! prattling me and Silent Nature!

No comments:

Post a Comment